TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Tim’s Sea School will be referred to as The School throughout these Terms and Conditions.
- All of The School’s customers are ‘Trainee Crew’. The purpose of The School is to teach sailing skills. You will be expected to participate in all aspects of running a sailing vessel, subject to your ability and experience. The School does not take passengers.
- ‘Trainee Crew’ will be referred to as ‘trainee’ or ‘trainees’ in these terms and conditions.
- Before confirming your booking please make certain that the voyage or course you have chosen is suitable for your sailing experience and abilities. If you are unsure please do contact us.
- Whilst on board the decision of the Master/Skipper is final.
- Consumption of alcohol is at the discretion of the Master/Skipper for safety reasons.
- The School reserves the right to refuse any applicant considered unsuitable without explanation.
- Trainees shall not bring on board the vessels any goods or articles of an inflammable or dangerous material, nor any controlled or prohibited substance, or animals. The Master/Skipper shall be entitled to search a trainee, and/or their personal luggage and goods if they reasonably believe they may be in breach of this clause.
- Trainees are requested to follow the Crew Kit List, especially to the suitability of luggage. The Master/Skipper may not allow unsuitable luggage on board.
- By confirming your booking you give The School permission to pass your details to a nominated shore contact for critical incident use only. These details will be kept securely and destroyed/erased within 6 months of you completing your voyage or course. In accordance with data protection laws The School will not pass personal details to other organisations, apart from parties directly involved in a critical incident.
- Passports and any Visa documents, and if necessary vaccination certificates, are required on all voyages and courses by all trainees in case the vessel is inspected by border officials.
- The School reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions without notice.
- A minimum 25% deposit is required to secure booking that is more than ten weeks in advance.
- If the voyage or course is within ten weeks then full settlement must be made, if a deposit has been paid but settlement has not been received ten weeks prior to departure then The Sail School reserves the right to re-sell the trainee’s place.
- Payment may be made via cheque or BACS transfer in £ sterling: If BACS please use the voyage or course reference number as the banking reference. The School account details are as follows: Name: Tim Newson Business A/C, Bank: Lloyds, S/C 30-92-92, A/N: 35876960, IBAN: GB45LOYD30929235876960, BIC: LOYDGB21174
- Food and fuel is included in each voyage or course. Mooring costs are shared amongst the trainees. All safety equipment is provided. Wet weather clothing, warm clothes and sleeping bags are not provided. Please refer to the Crew Kit List. Meals, trips or activities ashore are at the trainees own expense.
- Prices include VAT where applicable. The School reserves the right to alter the sale price of any voyage or course without notice up or down.
- The deposit is not returnable in the event of cancellation by the trainee.
- If the trainee has to cancel for any reason, prior to ten weeks before departure, we will refund any money paid, less the deposit.
- If the trainee cancels within ten weeks of departure we will make every effort to re‐sell your place, but you remain liable for the full amount. If we succeed in filling your place we will refund the sum received for that place less your deposit.
- If The School is unable to carry out the leg we will refund any moneys paid and The School’s liability will cease.
- Voyage Itinerary – every effort will be made to reach arrival and departure ports and other points of interest. However, due to unpredictability of the weather or the possibility of problems with the vessel The School can make no guarantee of the itinerary of the voyage and further travel may be necessary at the trainees expense.
- The School is covered by third party liability insurance for serious injury or loss of life.
- Travel Insurance is mandatory to cover loss of personal belongings, medical expenses, financial protection if you have to cancel or curtail your voyage etc. It is the sole responsibility of trainee to organise this before travel. Proof of insurance may be requested. Please ensure your insurance policy specifically covers sailing over 12 miles off-shore and the area of travel. Specialist Insurance is available from Topsail Insurance www.topsailinsurance.com